Grief in the workplace
Grief and loss affect both our personal and work lives. The cost of grief in the workplace is seen in behaviors such as alcohol and drug abuse, depression, accidents and anger problems.
A supportive workplace culture recognizes the variety of losses employees face and provides appropriate assistance.
How Montgomery Hospice helps
Montgomery Hospice helps local businesses and organizations by providing grief and loss education to managers and staff.
We can help you and your employees acknowledge grief. We also can help you know what to say and how to help a co-worker who is ill, grieving or caring for a loved one.
Our workplace educational sessions include:
- What to Expect When We Grieve—Finding healthy ways to cope with loss
- What to Do When a Co-worker is Seriously Ill—Appropriate ways to express concern and support
- Quiet Ways—Sharing the path of grief with co-workers
- Time to Remember—A special time for co-workers to share loss and honor memories of colleagues who have died
- A Gift to My Family—Making wishes known through advance directives
To arrange a workplace session, contact our Bereavement Care team at 301 921 4400.