When to call hospice?
Call Montgomery Hospice at any time to get information.
The sooner you call us, the sooner we can start to help.
Hospice care is not just for a person’s last few days or weeks. Patients can benefit from hospice services for six months, or even longer.
A patient can be admitted to hospice when:
- The patient or patient representative chooses hospice care
- Two doctors (Montgomery Hospice's and one other) agree hospice is appropriate
People who sign up for hospice services can change their minds about being in hospice.
Patients can leave hospice at any time. Some patients improve under hospice care and leave the program. If people later need hospice services again, they can return to hospice care.
What should patients or families do if they are considering hospice care, or if they have questions about hospice?
- Ask their doctor to discuss all their options, which may include hospice care.
- Call Montgomery Hospice for information or ask us to visit them to provide information.
- Call Montgomery Hospice again with more questions. Montgomery Hospice wants families to fully understand their options and will respect any decision made.
Note, we have a direct line to the "admissions department" that is answered every day from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
That number is 301-637-1888.
If you are interested in an information visit or would like to refer a patient, please visit our referral page.